Oriental and Area Rug Maintenance Tips
How to Care for your Oriental Rug
- Rotation – To insure even wear, your rug should be rotated once a year. Depending on the traffic, the rotation may vary from six months to two years.
- Vacuuming – Oriental rugs, like most carpeting, should be vacuumed on a regular basis to remove dirt and restore life to the fibers. Be sure not to vacuum the fringe with your beater bar! Use the end of a vacuum hose from a canister vacuum.
- Padding – A quality pad used under your rug helps protect it from dirt, wear and slippage.
Spot and Spill Procedures
Make sure that you safely and immediately clean up spots and spills before they set.
- First, soak up the excess liquid by blotting with a clean absorbent material. Do not brush or rub the stain.
- Blot dry until most of the moisture has been absorbed
- For stains that do not come out using these methods, Call 713-784-4648 and ask our cleaning specialists.
Your Oriental Rugs Will Last Longer with a Quality Rug Pad
To order a custom cut or ready to install rug pad, call our office or stop by our facility!